Recipes Page 1
Click on the page number to print the recipes
below it. Acrobat reader required.
- Fresh Green Beans
- 2 pkg. Goya Ham seasoning
- 3 or 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 or 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup cooking white win
- 1 T. Garlic powder
- 1 T. Onion powder
- dash of red pepper
- Healthy Choice link sausage or lean port tenderloin (cubed)
Fill 4 qt. boiler 3/4 full of fresh snapped green beans. Add
other ingredients and cover with water. Cook until tender. Will have
to add more water as beans cook. If using canned beans, cooking time
Southern-Style Green Beans & Potato Casserole
- 4-6 medium red potatoes, sliced about 1/4" (peeled or not)
- 4-5 cups whole fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 slices bacon, fried, drained and diced
- 2 T. Minced dried onion
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of celery soup
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place sliced potatoes and green beans in crockpot; add other
ingredients. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours. Serves 4-6.
Country Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 lb. Fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup bacon or country ham drippings
- Salt to taste
String and snap beans. Wash beans well and place in a 2-qt sauce
pot. Add bacon drippings and salt. Cover the beans with water, bring
to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover and simmer until beans are tender,
about 2 hours. (If seasoning with country ham drippings, you may
have enough salt from the meat without adding more.) Serves 4-5.
Green Bean Casserole
- 2-1/2 cups green beans, cooked
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/2 cups canned French Fried onion rings
Put beans in bottom of 1-1/2 Qt casserole dish; top with
onion rings. Add grated cheese and chicken soup. A small jar of
drained and chopped pimento may be added to give flavor and
color. Bake at 350˚ for 30 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup onion rings; bake an additional
Green Beans with Chicken Broth
- Green beans
- Chicken brother (enough to cover beans)
- Cook green beans in chicken broth with a peeled onion in the pot.
Add a dash of salt, no grease.
- Good and healthy.
Marinated Three Bean Salad
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can wax beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 t. celery seed
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
Drain beans and then combine all beans in a large bowl with onion
and pepper. Set aside. Mix remaining ingredients. Pour vinegar
mixture over vegetables and stir lightly. Cover and refrigerate
overnight. Serve 8. *Crisp-tender cooked fresh beans may be used.
- 1-1/2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 2 cups cooked green beans
- 2-1/2 cups prepared instant potatoes
- 1 egg well beaten
- Grated cheese
Brown ground beef and onion with seasoned salt and pepper in pan;
drain well and add tomato soup and beans. Spread in 9 x 13 casserole
dish. Add beaten egg to already prepared instant potatoes. Spread on
top of ground beef mixture. Top with grated cheese. Bake for 30
minutes at 350˚.
Green Beans with Lemon
- 1/2 lb. Haricots verts (thin French green beans) or regular green
- 1 t. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. finely chopped fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves (wash and
dry before chopping)
- 1/2 t. freshly grated lemon zest
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Trim regular green beans if using and in large sauce pan of
boiling salted water, cook beans until crisp-tender (2 minutes fro
haricots verts or 3-4 minutes for regular green beans) and drain in
a colander. In a bowl, toss beans with lemon juice, parsley, lemon
zest, and pepper and season with salt. Serves 4.
Green Bean and Tomato Salad
- 3 lbs. Green beans, trimmed and cup into 2" pieces
- 3 T. Country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 2 1-pint baskets cherry tomatoes halved
Cook beans in large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender,
about 5 minutes. Drain. Refresh under cold water; drain well.
Transfer to large bowl. Combine mustard and vinegar in small bowl.
Gradually whisk oil. Mix in shallots. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
Cover beans and dressing separately. Refrigerate beans; let dressing
stand at room temperature.) Mix dressing and tomatoes into beans.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serves 12.
Green Beans with Roasted Onions
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 6 medium onions (about 2-1/2 lbs.) Peeled, each cut vertically
through root end into 12-14 wedges
- 6 T. (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 cans canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3 T. Sugar
- 2 T. Red wine vinegar
- 3 lbs. Slender green beans, ends trimmed
Preheat over to 450˚F. Spray 2 heavy large baking sheets with
vegetable oil spray. Arrange onions in single layer on prepared
sheets. Dot onions with 4 tablespoons butter, dividing equally.
Season with salt and pepper. Bake until onions are dark brown on
bottom, about 35 minutes. Meanwhile, boil broth in heavy large
skillet over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 6 minutes. Add
sugar and vinegar and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture comes
to a boil. Add onions to sauce; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer
until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Season with salt
and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Re-warm over low heat before continuing.) Cook green beans in large
pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Drain well. Return beans to same pot. Add remaining 2 tablespoons
butter and toss to coat. Mound beans in large shallow bowl. Top with
onion mixture and serve. Serves 12.